Bonfire Safety Tips from eDecks
The fireworks themselves – ohhhhhh!!! arghhhhhhh!!!
Food in general to be honest.
Let us begin the safety tips shall we.
- Tell your neighbors lets be kind and courteous
- Only burn dry wood – anything damp will cause smoke.
- Check for hedgehogs we are a fan of those prickly little critters
- Look up – yep check there are no cables above where your bonfire is going to be sounds simple but many people forget.
- Build your bonfire away from your amazing shed, beautiful fencing and awesome decking. And especially your home
- Keep water or a hose pipe ready to go in case of emergency’s
- Keep children and pets away from it
- Don’t leave it unattended
- Once the fire has died down spray the embers with water to stop it reigniting.
That’s some of the best tips we can offer obviously please check Humberside Fire for more details and important contact phone numbers (or your region if not in Humberside) as we can only advise.